Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Vogue 8939 ~ Snowflakes and Reindeer


My old faithful sewing pattern Vogue 8939 has made it out of the envelope once again and in time for Christmas to help me celebrate the festivities. 
Yes Christmas is here once again! The lights on the tree are sparkling bright, the presents underneath anxiously await to be opened and Santa Claus is very soon to be on his way.

This time last year we were soaking up the Christmas atmosphere in the Capital of the World, New York City. 2014 saw us finally move into our new home (we call it "The Ranch". It's not at all but for the first time in years we have our own outside space and so to us, it feels like there's quite a bit of it!) so this year we are spending a quiet first Christmas in our new house. This calls for lots of good food, drink, nibbles and snuggled up in front of an open fire :). And so all of this also calls for a warm, cosy, comfortable Christmas Dress.


And there's plenty of stretch in here for when I eat too much food!


I've used this pattern 3 times before. First time HERE, second time as a jumper HERE and again as another dress which I never blogged. Yes, yes I know I said I would log e v e r y t h i n g but the photos of this were pretty awful and the dress, well, it's since gone to a better home
See what I mean?! But there you have it. Done. It's blogged now ;)

As this is my third (but definitely not final!) dress, I decided on some extra detail this time with (my favourite addition) a ruffled hem. Oh how I love a good ruffle! That combined with a patterned fabric has made this my favourite of the 3 dresses I've made so far.

The fabric was inspired by Tracy H from Tracy Sews Happy. She made a jumper in a very similar print which I loved instantly (HERE). Since then I became on the lookout for something like it and this is what I found. 



This dress is also my Project for the MAGAM Challenge. This months theme was to make a dress for Christmas. And so I did! Literally... in Christmas fabric! 
So I shall be feeling very festive indeed wearing this tomorrow on Christmas Day :)


My original alterations to this pattern was to take it in considerably for a snugger fit and to lengthen the sleeves a little. Of course, this now being my go-to pattern, I make it up straight out of the envelope. Love this pattern it's one of my favourites :)




**Merry Christmas fellow sewers !**


To Read My Sewing Pattern Review CLICK HERE

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read :)

Dawn xx

16 comments:

  1. Adorable dress. Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meigan. Merry Christmas! :)x

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes, and yes on that pattern. I love that pattern and have made three myself. Love your reindeer print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye. Good to hear Im not the only one in love with this pattern :)x

      Delete
  3. Love your fabric choice. Very festive! Have a Happy Christmas and don't eat too many mince pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know about mince pies star but we certainly ate too much of everything else! Merry Christmas :)x

      Delete
  4. Love it. Perfect Christmas dress. Have a very happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. Hope you're having a lovely Christmas :)x

      Delete
  5. This so cute! Perfect for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable....and wishing you a Merry Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you're having a great Christmas :)x

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas! love the dress it is fantastic ! & the hat adds the perfect touch for the Holidays!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I wanted to wear it again today lol. Merry Christmas :)x

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas to you as well Dawn :)

    I love this little dress - it's so you and also reflects your love of things Nordic. And perfect for what sounds a wonderful Xmas day for you and your DH, in your own home.

    You have certainly made good use of this pattern - and I think the burgundy dress was nice, but just not quite right for your personality :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz, I love your constructive comments :). Totally agree about the burgundy one. This one I love the most> I would wear it forever!! :)x

      Delete