I cut a Size 6 based on the pattern measurements and I needed no amendments. That said, I did have to cut 2" off the trouser length just so I could fit all my pattern pieces on the fabric (it was very tight!). I intended to add the length back in with the trouser cuffs but as it turned out, I didn't need to. For me, the length was perfect 2" shorter.
(Apologies this post is rather picture heavy!
Because the shirt has a lot more work than the trousers, I decided to make this first. I didn't seem to accomplish much during the first week. Using some plain polycotton in cream, I made my own binding and piping and attached the pocket. That was about it!
For the binding I used the CCF online tutorial which is pretty awesome.The Piping itself I was already familiar with but again there is a useful tutorial on Piping for those what need it.
By the end of Sunday, I felt as though I had achieved a lot. Finally these were starting to come together.
I picked up the little dainty flower buttons in a local haberdashery. Spotted them straight away and knew these were the ones. I bought one extra for the pyjama bottoms on the waistband. Again, decorative only
So there you have it. Almost 3 weeks in the making but the time and effort was worth it. The only regret I have is not using the contrast fabric for the pocket cuff (above the piping) I think that little detail would have made all the difference. It's minor I know, but I wish I'd have done it all the same.
To read My Sewing Pattern Review Click Here
Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read 😀