Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Style Arc Elle joins Everyone's Best Friend ~ M6844


April MAGAM Challenge "Sew Anything" is complete. The post is late, but it's complete 😀. The theme this month was to make absolutely anything so I made 2 things that I really needed..... More trousers and cardigans. There once was a time where I would sew clothes just because I wanted to make them, not so much that I needed them, making my wearable wardrobe quite limited. I'm glad I did this, as I discovered along the way what I did and didn't like, what was practical and what wasn't, and it helped establish  a "style" of sorts for me. 


The main thing I learned is that I like to be comfy.
And comfy for me means wearing anything with stretch. Over the winter I wear  a lot of jersey dresses with tights, but as the seasons transpire, I find I wear stretch jeans and trousers a lot more. I confess that at the moment all my jeans are bought. I do have fabric and pattern to make ginger jeans but I keep putting that off! For work if I am not wearing a skirt, I wear trousers which I made using the Style Arc Elle pattern and bengaline fabric. These trousers (Here) are soooo comfy so I decided to try a pair for my home life in this lovely turquoise stretch denim.


I've just hitched the vest up to show the full trousers but I do feel they need to be worn with a longer top and the slim fitting flat front makes for a good base trouser for almost any top as there is no bulk, like what you get with jeans.



There's not really much to say about the trousers, other than I know these are going to become a wardrobe staple. I don't know why I didn't think of making some for other than work before. Already I have cut out another pair. These make up so quickly and they are a doddle to do.


Whilst I was looking for denim, I came across this beautiful Cotswald Fabric from Minerva Crafts. It was a perfect match for the turquoise denim I had been looking for so I purchased some of this too. Both arrived just before our Easter rush at work so I didn't get to make either of these until last week. Cardigans are what's needed most for me atm, especially at this time of year, so for the 3rd time this year, out came M6844 yet again!


It may be my third make this year (fifth in total), but it's the first time I have made this in a thinner fabric and it's also only the second time I have made a matching belt. When I make this again (and that is a when, not if!) I will always make a belt to match. I love this top so much more belted. I feel more comfortable this way. The only issue I see is that the belt is pushing up the back from the waist (see below). Yet without the belt, the waistline sits perfectly into mine.


I am going to try and participate as much as I can this year in the MeMadeMay. As some of you know, I work a lot of double shifts at this time of year, so I don't get to wear my own clothes a lot. Today however, was a day at home and I got to wear these for the first time (yaay!) making this also a valid contribution to the MMMay 😀


No Pattern Review link on this one as I somehow think this pattern has been reviewed enough already!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Sewing
Dawn 😀

13 comments:

  1. I love your cardigan and trousers! They look great together and I am sure you can make use of them with other pieces in your wardrobe. Both pieces fit you beautifully as well. You look gorgeous in this bright happy colors. I have this same McCall's cardigan pattern and really must get to it. I need more cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the pants and cardi look great. I haven't made jeans yet either because they kinda scare me. I have fabric and patterns for them too, just haven't ventured down the denim road yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Star! This is becoming my favourite outfit. I should have made the Gingers last winter, but I didnt. Now we're into busy work mode and I dont have enough time really to dedicate to them. I need quick and easy makes this time of year. But I have promised myself I will do them this autumn. I already have the denim, just need the hardware!

      Delete
  3. Both items are great. I love the colours.
    I'm going to have to try stretch trousers! It's jeans month on PR - maybe this month you should go for the jeans! Next time I make the jacket I'm not going for the peplum as I've never felt comfortable in it.Think does my bum look big in this! Though slimmer trousers would help a lot.
    You have another blog too? The Winter Queen with no hyphen? (I can't remember the name of the squiggly hyphen!) I got a bit confused and think I am following both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not the account I use normally either it would seem! I'll try to change

      Delete
    2. I don't really have enough time to dedicate to it this time of year. The jeans are going to have to be an autumn project for me. (is that another excuse?!!) No I dont have another blog without the hypen thing. If there is, its not me. Unless like you, Ive created one by mistake, but I don't think so as I am not aware of it x

      Delete
    3. Anne... you prompted me to look into this and it reminded me. There is one without the ~ thingy. Its my bloglovin account which links to my blog. Couldnt use the ~ on bloglovin, it wouldnt let me!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new Sew Anything outfit - it's just perfect. A lovely spring colour, and so wearable. Like you, I have sewn a few things that are not me, but it is a good exercise towards finding out what works. Love the cardigan, and don't worry about the blousing - we move, and so things pull up a bit over the tie belt. It won't look so obvious in real life as you will always be moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the movement. Its bound to blouse if I add a belt. Agree with will go with many other things but the whole thing is my current favourite outfit. And Ive cut M6844 again!!! Slightly different but even so...!

      Delete
  6. I love this outfit on you! The turquoise trousers fit so well. Such a lovely spring feeling with this look. You can easily wear each of these pieces with other garments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Both these will go with plenty of other pieces I agree. I find there isnt much that doesnt go with turquoise!

      Delete